We want to take a minute today to wish a Happy Veteran’s Day to everyone serving in our Armed Forces. We obviously have a special place in our hearts for all of the swoony boys in uniform that we’ve read about, but that love comes from a very real place. Meg’s husband is currently serving in the United States Army and we want to thank him and everyone who has served past or present, as well as their families and all supportors of our military men and women.
To celebrate we have compiled a list of our favorite military guys and books. We obviously couldn’t list them all, we didn’t even have room for the multiple military-esque dystopian books that we love, or the “Angel Army” books that we’ve swooned over in the past either. But we did manage to compile our favorite 13 (13 for 2013!) We even convinced Meg’s husband to give us his top five military books as well!
- Legend Series by Marie Lu (Goodreads ♥ Amazon ♥ Our Posts)
- If I Lie by Corrine Jackson (Goodreads ♥ Amazon ♥ Our Posts)
- While He Was Away by Karen Schreck (Goodreads ♥ Amazon)
- Personal Effects by E.M. Kokie (Goodreads ♥ Amazon ♥ Our Posts)
- Taken by Erin Bowman (Goodreads ♥ Amazon ♥ Our Posts)
- Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi (Goodreads ♥ Amazon ♥ Our Posts)
- The Selection Series by Kiera Cass (Goodreads ♥ Amazon ♥ Our Posts)
- Something Like Normal by Trish Doller (Goodreads ♥ Amazon ♥ Our Posts)
- Mockinjay by Suzanne Collins (Goodreads ♥ Amazon)
- Article 5 Series by Kristen Simmons (Goodreads ♥ Amazon ♥ Our Posts)
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner (Goodreads ♥ Amazon ♥ Our Posts)
- The Darkest Path by Jeff Hirsch (Goodreads ♥ Amazon)
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (Goodreads ♥ Amazon ♥ Our Posts)
- Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden (Goodreads ♥ Amazon)
- Inside Delta Force by Eric L. Haney (Goodreads ♥ Amazon)
- In the Company of Heroes by Michael J. Durant & Steven Hartov (Goodreads ♥ Amazon)
- Horse Soldiers by Doug Stanton (Goodreads ♥ Amazon)
- Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield (Goodreads ♥ Amazon)
Every month we co-host a read-a-long with Erin and Jaime over at Fic Fare. This month in honor of Veteran’s Day (and Kassiah’s Bday!), and our love for swoony boys in uniform, we are reading Something Like Normal by Trish Doller! The read-a-long will be 11/15/2013 and 11/16/2013 from 8-10PM CST. To participate all you have to do is read with us on twitter and use the hashtag #SLNreadalong! There will be giveaways and lots of giggles, so don’t miss out!
You can also listen to our “Men In Uniform” Podcast HERE.
Did we leave your favorite military guy or book out? Let us know below!