Welcome to Swoony Boys Podcast! When our friends over at Penguin Kids asked us if we wanted to participate in a blog tour for Dragons Love Tacos we responded with a big huge YES! We loved the first book and we absolutely cannot wait for the sequel. We’ve got some Dragons Love Tacos themed kid art from Meg’s boys, Luca & Matteo! We also have a yummy taco recipe and we’re going to help you get to know author, Adam Rubin and illustrator, Daniel Salmieri a little bit better. Ready to go? Let’s get started…
This scrumptious New York Times bestseller has a whole lot of kick!
Dragons love tacos. They love chicken tacos, beef tacos, great big tacos, and teeny tiny tacos. So if you want to lure a bunch of dragons to your party, you should definitely serve tacos. Buckets and buckets of tacos. Unfortunately, where there are tacos, there is also salsa. And if a dragon accidentally eats spicy salsa . . . oh, boy. You're in red-hot trouble.
The award-winning team behind Those Darn Squirrels! has created an unforgettable, laugh-until-salsa-comes-out-of-your-nose tale of new friends and the perfect snack.
***Kid Approved Taco Recipe***
Are you looking for a kid-approved taco recipe that not only tastes amazing, it also is a one pan meal that is loaded with tons of hidden vegetables? We’re talking zucchini, onion, peppers, tomatoes, and spinach! Kids have no clue any of it is in there and will definitely agree that these are the best tacos you’ll ever have! Here’s how to make them:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 12 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- taco seasoning (store bought or homemade)
- 3 cups baby spinach or spinach/kale mixture
- 1½ cup shredded mexican cheese
- green onions, to garnish (optional)
- In a large pan, brown ground beef and zucchini.
- Drain excess fat/water.
- Add onions and peppers, and cook until browned.
- Add canned tomatoes, taco seasoning, and any water needed for taco seasoning to evenly coat
- Add greens and let fully wilt. (It’s amazing, it basically disappears!)
- Mix well.
- Cover with shredded cheese, and let cheese melt – about five minutes
- When cheese is melted, serve over a bed of lettuce, rice, or in a taco or burrito!
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
- Top with sour cream, shredded lettuce, or jalapenos (if you’re not serving them to a dragon!)
***Pre-Order Campaign Info***
***Meet Author Adam Rubin***
Adam Rubin is the New York Times best-selling author of a half dozen critically-acclaimed picture books including Those Darn Squirrels and Dragons Love Tacos. He spent ten years working as a creative director in the advertising industry before leaving his day job to write full time. Adam has a keen interest in improv comedy, camping and magic tricks. He lives in New York City.
***Meet Illustrator Daniel Salmieri***
Daniel Salmieri has illustrated many fantastic picture books, including the New York Times bestseller Robo-Sauce. He grew up in Brooklyn, New York, constantly drawing and painting images of ninja turtles, dinosaurs, and fighter jets (not in the same scene…), and graduated from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
Good luck & thanks for ‘mini-swooning’ with us!
Make Sure You Check Out All The Stops On The Tour:
- April 3 – Pirates n’ Pixie Dust – Taco Scavenger Hunt
- April 4 – Margie’s Must Reads – Review + Recipe
- April 5 – A Story a Day – Review + Taco Craft
- April 6 – The Book Shire – Review
- April 7 – Swoony Boys Podcast – Recipe + Taco Craft
- April 10 – Ali’s Book Nook – Review + Recipe
- April 11 – Mundie Kids – Review + Taco Party Checklist
- April 12 – The Children’s Book Review – When You Invite a Dragon to Dinner…
- April 13 – Reading is Better with Cupcakes – A World Without Tacos?!
- April 14 – My Bookbloom – Review + Taco Activity
- April 17 – As They Grow Up – Review
- April 18 – The Book Nut – Taco Soup Recipe
- April 19 – YA Book Nerd – Missing Taco Hunt
- April 20 – Inspiration Laboratories – Dragons Love Tacos Birthday Party
- April 21 – In Wonderland – Review + Taco Salad Recipe
- April 24 – A Homeschool Mom – Review + Chili Pepper Experiment
- April 25 – The Plot Bunny – Review + Recipe
- April 26 – No BS Book Reviews – Taco Craft
- April 27 – My Little Poppies – Review
- April 28 – Happily Ever Elephants – Review