Welcome to 2014 “Real” Book Challenge!
Have you gotten used to reading on your Kindle, iPad, Nook, or other reading device? Do you have tons of pretty books filling your bookshelves that are just begging to be read (and maybe sniffed a little too)? Do you have a favorite book or series that you’ve been looking for a reason to reread?
All these scenarios, and so many more, are the perfect reason to join the “Real” Book Challenge! Join us in a quest to put down the electronic devices and pick up a physical copy of your favorite book(s).
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 – Dec 31, 2014.
- The challenge is open to anyone! You don’t have to be a blogger, as long as you have a place to post about the challenge. (Your blog, Amazon, Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook, youtube, tumblr, etc.)
- Any book counts. It can be any genre, any length, and as old or new as you want. If you can hold it in your hand and turn the pages yourself, it belongs here. (This includes Advanced Reader Copies.)
- Feel free to list your books in your first post or wait until the end of the year and write them in a wrap-up post. Even if you list them, you can always make changes later.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 1, 2014, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- When you sign up in the linky below, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2014 “Real” Book Challenge. (If you don’t have a blog, post about it wherever you plan on making all your challenge posts this year!)
- On the 1st of each month we will post a wrap-up post, on Swoony Boys Podcast and Fiction Fare. Every wrap-up will have a giveaway and place for you to link up your wrap-up posts for the month. Each book that you read in the month will get you one entry in our giveaway for the month. Prizes will vary, and winners will be announced the following month in our newsletter.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your books the next month. Don’t try to count a book twice, we’ll be watching!
- December will be a wrap-up for the whole year. All the books you read January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a GRAND PRIZE giveaway.
Still with us? Ready to join? Here’s how:
- Write a post about joining the 2014 “Real” Book Challenge on your blog. (If you don’t have a blog, post about it on Facebook, tweet about it via Twitter, or put it some other place of your choosing.)
- In your post, don’t forget to include: the button/banner, link back to our sign-up page, the level you’re aiming at (listed below) and a list of books you’re hoping to read for the challenge. (That last one is optional!)
- Put the challenge button in your sidebar. (there’s a grab link in this post!)
- Link up in the linky below using the link to your post/tweet.
- Join the mailing list for updates! CLICK HERE TO JOIN NOW!
- That’s it! You’re in! Welcome to the challenge, stay tuned for lots of fun! We’re so excited you’re joining us! Good luck!
(The number of books you read for this challenge! We will have fun graphics for each level and as you progress up the list your accomplishments will appear in the newsletter!)
1-10 – Real Book Newbie
11-20 – Real Book Enthusiast
21-30 – Real Book Snob
31-40 – Real Book Aficionado
41-50 – Real Book Hoarder
50+ – Real Book Queen/King
- Join our mailing list to get your monthly copy of our newsletter! The newsletter will have everything you need to know about the challenge each month, plus tons of fun stuff like mini challenges! It will be delivered on the 15th of each month. You can sign up here: JOIN THE 2014 “REAL” BOOK CHALLENGE MAILING LIST!!
- We’ve also created a Goodreads Group for all challenge participants. Feel free to join and talk about all things books with us there. CLICK HERE TO JOIN!
- Swoony Boys and Fic Fare currently host a monthly twitter read-a-long. Participating in these would be a great way for you to get an extra book in each month. We’ll post the title and dates for the next month in the newsletters.
- If you’re an Author or Publisher who would like to sponsor our challenge by donating a book, swag, or doing a fun interview for the newsletter- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There’s no such thing as a bad question! If something doesn’t make sense, we want to hear from you! You can leave your question in the comments below, tweet @SwoonyBoys, @JaimeArkin, or @Erinlee20, or email us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!