Happy New Year! We’re kicking off 2017 with a new Author Talk Podcast Episode featuring debut author Erin Summerill! We’ve had her book Ever the Hunted on our wishlists since before BEA! Of course, our favorite twinnies, Erin and Jaime from Fiction Fare, are joining us, and we know you’re going to be as excited to get to know this Erin as much as we are. Don’t forget to let us know what you think in the comments below.
- Erin Summerill gives us her elevator pitch for the first book in the Clash of Kingdom series, Ever the Hunted and tells us where she got the idea for the series.
- We get the 411 on Erin’s writing environment–and what she likes to wear while she writes!
- We find out about Erin’s outlining process, her drafting time, and how she planned to celebrate the release of Ever the Hunted.
- Erin dishes on the setting for the series and some of her favorite scenes.
- We talk other characters, Kass and Erin take us on a journey about the awesomeness of Sarina Bowen’s books.
- Erin Summerill gives us two truths and a lie, and we have to figure out which are true!
- Erin shares what she would include in a letter to her 17 year old self.
- Then we talk about what’s on Erin’s TBR, some of her favorites, and a few books she feels are underappreciated.
- Then everyone fusses at Jaime for reading too far ahead of schedule.
- Erin tells us some of her favorite swoony boys.
- We wrap things up by playing a fun word association game with Erin, and it’s awesome!
***Meet Erin Summerill***
Erin Summerill was born in England. After spending years bouncing between Air Force bases in Hawaii, England, and California, her family settled in Utah, where Erin graduated with a B.A. in English from Brigham Young University. She had aspirations to write the next great American novel, but writing proved tougher than she first thought. So she grabbed a Nikon and became a professional photographer while crafting manuscript after manuscript. The scenic detour of shooting weddings across the United States, as well as internationally, provided world-building inspiration. It gave her the vision to draft her debut YA fantasy, EVER THE HUNTED. Now when she isn’t writing, or shooting a wedding, she’s chasing her four kids, two dogs, one cat, and five chickens. This could be why she downs massive amounts of Coke Zero and Hot tamales.
***About Ever the Hunted***Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill
Series: Clash of Kingdoms #1
Published by HMH Books for Young Readers on December 27th 2016
Genres: Fantasy, Romance
Goodreads Buy the Book
Seventeen year-old Britta Flannery is at ease only in the woods with her dagger and bow. She spends her days tracking criminals alongside her father, the legendary bounty hunter for the King of Malam—that is, until her father is murdered. Now outcast and alone and having no rights to her father’s land or inheritance, she seeks refuge where she feels most safe: the Ever Woods. When Britta is caught poaching by the royal guard, instead of facing the noose she is offered a deal: her freedom in exchange for her father’s killer.
However, it’s not so simple.
The alleged killer is none other than Cohen McKay, her father’s former apprentice. The only friend she’s ever known. The boy she once loved who broke her heart. She must go on a dangerous quest in a world of warring kingdoms, mad kings, and dark magic to find the real killer. But Britta wields more power than she knows. And soon she will learn what has always made her different will make her a daunting and dangerous force.