We’re so excited to have one of our favorite authors on Swoony Boys Podcast today. The beautiful and immensely talented Kasie West is on with us today in a brand new Author Talk Podcast Episode, along with our favorite twinnies, Erin and Jaime from Fiction Fare. We’re dishing all things By Your Side as well as some other things, so grab a drink, kick back, and get ready to be dazzled! Don’t forget to let us know what you think in the comments below.
- Kasie West gives us her elevator pitch for By Your Side and lets us know where her idea for the book came from.
- Kasie tells us about her writing environment and how she develops her writing.
- Then she shares her publication process and how she celebrates new releases.
- Kasie gives a heartfelt message about dealing with anxiety and how she wanted to portray her MC, Autumn.
- We find out the three authors Kasie would like to be stuck in a library with.
- Kasie shares how she writes swoony boys but doesn’t give us any clues on where to find them in real life. 🙂
- We talk about Kasie’s favorite scenes in By Your Side and the ones she’s glad she added in after the first draft.
- Next we switch things up a bit and find out the characters that Kasie would like to introduce her characters too. If you know us, you know we’re happy with her answer!
- Kasie shares three fun things about herself with us and lets us know what she would write in a letter to her 17-year-old self.
- We talk about Kasie’s TBR and books she wants to help get the word out on. And we make fun of Jaime’s reading schedule. As usual.
- Kasie shares her favorite swoony boys and what she likes the most about them.
- We play a fun word association game with Kasie to wrap things up. And it’s hilarious!
***Meet Kasie West***
I write YA. I eat Junior Mints. Sometimes I go crazy and do both at the same time. My novels are: PIVOT POINT and its sequel SPLIT SECOND. And my contemporary novels: THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US, ON THE FENCE, THE FILL-IN BOYFRIEND, PS I LIKE YOU, and BY YOUR SIDE. My agent is the talented and funny Michelle Wolfson.
***About By Your Side***By Your Side by Kasie West
Also by this author: Pivot Point
Published by HarperTeen on January 31st 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Goodreads Buy the Book
In this irresistible story, Kasie West explores the timeless question of what to do when you fall for the person you least expect. Witty and romantic, this paperback original from a fan favorite is perfect for fans of Stephanie Perkins and Morgan Matson.
When Autumn Collins finds herself accidentally locked in the library for an entire weekend, she doesn’t think things could get any worse. But that’s before she realizes that Dax Miller is locked in with her. Autumn doesn’t know much about Dax except that he’s trouble. Between the rumors about the fight he was in (and that brief stint in juvie that followed it) and his reputation as a loner, he’s not exactly the ideal person to be stuck with. Still, she just keeps reminding herself that it is only a matter of time before Jeff, her almost-boyfriend, realizes he left her in the library and comes to rescue her.
Only he doesn’t come. No one does.
Instead it becomes clear that Autumn is going to have to spend the next couple of days living off vending-machine food and making conversation with a boy who clearly wants nothing to do with her. Except there is more to Dax than meets the eye. As he and Autumn first grudgingly, and then not so grudgingly, open up to each other, Autumn is struck by their surprising connection. But can their feelings for each other survive once the weekend is over and Autumn’s old life, and old love interest, threaten to pull her from Dax’s side?
Win a Copy of By Your Side by Kasie West!