It’s time for another awesome episode with Jaime and Erin, our favorite twinnies from Fiction Fare. This time we’re all about Military Boys We Want To Take Orders From. This is another fun episode in response to Book Bangin’, which is hosted by Belle of the Literati. Have a listen and leave us comment to let us know who’s the boy you’d most like to take orders from.
While you’re here, please subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
- First we talk briefly about the fact that we posted a bunch of episodes over the past month!
- Then we talk about what constitutes a military boy. We had trouble understanding the topic, like usual.
- Erin discusses her choices this month: Carswell Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer and Chase Jennings from the Article 5 Series by Kristen Simmons.
- Kassiah sortof chooses Jasper Whitlock from the Twilight Saga and Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter, and we have a little picture evidence of why:
- Then she really chooses Gray Phillips from Unraveled by Jen Frederick.
- Jaime is all about Mal from the Grisha Series by Leigh Bardugo this month.
- Meg talks about all of her boys: Prince Damian from Defy by Sarah B. Larson, Arin from The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski (Please leave us a comment and tell us who you want to suck a big fat toe. You’ll understand when you listen!), Warden from The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon, and Travis from Something Like Normal by Trish Doller.
- Jaime dishes on her h-o-t-t-i-e of the month: Finn O’Leary from Swimming To Tokyo by Brenda St. John Brown.
- Then Jaime mentions the boys she bumped in order to flail about Finn: Cole St. Clair from Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater and Jackson from Stay with Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
- Kass names a million boys as her picks this month, starting with New Adult guys: Preston Riggs from Pieces of Olivia by Melissa West, Ty from I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre, and Ethan Vance from Boomerang by Noelle August. Then the YA boys: Josh Wasserstein from Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins and Penn Mattingly from Through to You by Lauren Barnholdt.
- Erin chooses Prince Titus from The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas as her hottie of the month.
- Meg seconds Josh’s swooniness.
- Then she talks about her real hotties of the month: Four from the Divergent Series by Veronica Roth and Braden from On the Fence by Kasie West.
You know we can’t have an episode without our huge list of honorable mentions:
- Hector from the Fire and Thornes Series by Rae Carson
- Rafa from Haze by Paula Weston
- Adam and Warner from the Shatter MeSeries by Tahereh Mafi
- Chaol from the Throne of Glass Series by Sarah Maas
- A lot of Jill Shalvis’ Guys
- Sean from Yours to Keep by Shannon Stacey
- Sean from the Article 5 Series by Kristen Simmons
- Fade from the Razorland Series by Ann Aguirre
- Callum (liberal interpretation of military) from the Rebel Series by Amy Tintera
- Akiva from the Smoke and Bone Series by
- Tarver from These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- Aiden from the Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Rome from Rome by Jay Crownover
- Brand from Until We Fly by Courtney Cole
- Jonah Griggs from On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta